Monday, January 10, 2011

Red Dead Redemption on PS3

 


I have to admit I was quite sceptical to testing out the game Red Dead Redemption on our new PS3 in the beginning. I hate shooting games, and I hate movies and games about the Wild West, so a shooting game from the Wild West was really not tempting at all. Oh boy, was I wrong!!!

After almost driving hubby crazy with hours of playing Buzz; both alone, with friends and online, I realised it was time to let him decide a game also. To my horror he decided to test out the shabby-looking cowboy from the Wild West. I started planning which excuses I could use to get away from the game, and do something else. Clean the house, iron clothes, anything would be better than a shooting game from the Wild West, I thought... But that was before we started playing!

I don't know when it happened, but I guess it started already during the opening sequence where John Marston sits on a train. The graphics were amazing, and I decided to stick around a bit longer to see what this was. Then we got off the train and started walking around a little village. We had no idea of what to do or where to go, but the game gave us good instructions. We could follow them if we wanted, or just go around and explore. We did both.

Afterwards we got on a horse and started riding out in the desert. Then I was hooked! The graphics... The landscape... The freedom to do whatever you want, or follow the missions if you prefer. If every game was like this, I would never have time for work or sleep!

Guess who is most crazy for play this game now? Hypocritical me... ;) It's not often I admit I am wrong, but never have I misjudged a game by it's cover more than I did with Red Dead Redemption!

I still don't handle the shooting so good, even thought its really not so difficult, but I am practicing. Yesterday I managed to shoot some wolves, coyotes, armadillos and even a deer. A bit more practicing and I can start taking on the bad guys. So far that's the job of hubby. I ride around, explore, pick flowers, search for treasures and missions, while he does all the butt-kicking and shooting.

If it was up to me, I could just ride around and look at the amazing landscapes all day long. Never in my life have I seen anything like it!

No comments:

Tags

10 10/10/10 50 cent al pacino al qaeda alert Alexander Skarsgård amadores amazon angelina jolie arguineguin aurelia gil b.o.b. baby bbc Bear Grylls beckham berto beyonce bfn boy george bruno mars buenafuente bush calima canaries canary islands Captain Jack Sparrow carnaval cat cats celda 211 cheryl cole chile chilean miners cia climate commercial daily dallas daniel grosvenor denzel washington dexter district 9 do you documentary donnie wahlberg download egypt El Sueño de Morfeo electronics facebook facts favorite festival fight club film font freak like me free funny games gandhi gay google Google TV gran canaria green screen Hijack homeless Hostage iraq island iss james gandolfini javier bardem john torturro john travolta johnny depp justin bieber kitna lady gaga las palmas las terrazas leash leather lost parody ludacris maspalomas me he puesto tetas migraine miley cyrus minitornado modern family money mountain movie movietrailer music music video nbc online panda paparazzi paranormal activity paris hilton parody penelope cruz Phone photo photo of the day photomontage photos pilates pirates plane playstation 3 poem police politics pools power walk premiere promo ps3 puerto rico queen latifah question quote Rafael Nadal rain Raquel del Rosario review Righteous Kill robert de niro sandstorm sea sexy sign singapore sneak peek song sony spain stargate studios storm stroller Subway sunrise swimming tai chi the bone collector the ellen show the office The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 thoughts tips toronto tourism trailer Train transgrancanaria travel trends true blood tv twitter typography us open video visual effects walk walkman war weather web webcam wikileak wikipedia will.i.am winds work yoga YouKnowYouHungryWhen yumbo